Here’s an easy copycat recipe for Domino’s Ultimate Pepperoni baked on Schar’s gluten-free crust. This pie is loaded with pepperoni and cheese and will surely be a hit with your family, especially with your kiddos!
Our review of Domino’s gluten-free pizza made it clear that you can’t avoid gluten cross-contact when ordering at Domino’s. Like many other pizza restaurants, all their pizzas are prepared in the same area and the potential for gluten cross-contact is pretty high.
But, we also said that Domino’s gluten-free pizza was one of the most delicious we’ve ever had. It’d be a shame to miss out on their popular specialty pizzas due to potential cross-contact.
So we decided to write up this recipe to recreate the Domino’s experience at home while minimizing gluten risk as much as possible without sacrificing taste.
This will be super easy and convenient. No need to buy 5 different types of cheeses or spend hours preparing the dough.
We’ll tell you what ingredients to use to get Domino’s sweet sauce, multi-cheese, and pepperoni flavors and how to get that perfect, crispy crust that holds all the toppings in place.
But, first, let’s address the sauce issue.
Domino’s Pizza Sauce (DIY and Store-Bought Options)
For the pizza sauce, of course, you can either make your own or buy a store-bought version.
If you just want to make things easy and use a store-bought option, taste-wise, Prego’s Pizza Sauce (Pizzeria Style) or Rao’s Pizza Sauce are both excellent options that are similar to Domino’s sauce.
However, if you want to make your own homemade version of the sauce, follow the easy recipe below that’s pretty darn close to Domino’s. It’ll add a few more items to your shopping list, but it is just a mixture of ingredients that must be cooked for an hour—you can make a large batch and store it in the freezer for future pizza nights.
Homemade Pizza Sauce
|3 Medium Tomatoes|
|1/2 Cup Tomato Puree|
|1 Small Sweet Onion (Use only 1 ounce or 1/5 of the small onion)|
|1 tbsp. Sugar|
|1 tbsp. Salt|
|1/2 tsp. Ground Spice|
|1/2 Garlic Clove|
|Pinch of Citric Acid (1/3 tsp)|
|1 tbsp. Olive Oil|
|Peel the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces|
|Finely chop the onion|
|Mince the half garlic clove|
|Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until saucy|
|Taste and add more sugar, salt, or spices to your liking|
|Pour everything into a none sticky pan and cook it on medium heat until all ingredients are mixed well (10 Minutes). Stir occasionally to avoid sticking and burning|
|Lower the heat and let it simmer for another 30-40 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.|
|If you have leftovers to freeze, make sure to let it cool, store it in a sterilized jar, and then freeze before serving again|
Note: This will be enough for up to 2-3 small pizzas, and if you have leftovers, you can freeze the remaining for future use.
Domino’s Ultimate Pepperoni Recipe Shopping List
Here are the items you need to include on your shopping list to make this recipe:
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Kraft Italian Five Cheese Blend Shredded (You can get any other shredded blend that has Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, and Asiago. Kraft’s has all of these in its Italian blend in addition to Romano)
- Prego or Rao’s Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni Slices (Any brand will do but make sure it’s gluten-free)
- Dried Oregano Leaves (This is kind of optional just know that Domino’s sprinkles the pizza with dried Oregano)
- Schar’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crust (For best result, use Schar’s crust or any other plain GF crust that has a drier/crispier texture)
This list will run you about $25 if you don’t have any of these ingredients on hand and will be good for at least 3 pizzas.
Domino’s Ultimate Pepperoni on Schar Gluten-Free Crust
- 1/2 Cup Prego or Rao's Pizza Sauce
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Kraft Italian Five Cheese Blend Any blend of Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago Cheese
- 1 Cup Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 Tbsp Oregano Leaves Dried
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Optional
- 1 Crust Schar Gluten Free Crust Alternative: Caulipower's Plain Crust
- Preheat the oven to 410 F
- Spread the olive oil on the crust evenly
- Top the crust with the pizza sauce
- Cover the sauce with mozzarella cheese
- Cover the mozzarella with initial layer of pepperoni
- Sprinkles the first layer pepperoni with half cup of Kraft's Italian cheese blend
- Top the pizza with a second layer of pepperoni
- Cover all the toppings with the remaining Italian cheese
- Place the pizza onto middle rack of your oven when temp is 410 F
- Cook for 8-9 minutes
- Sprinkles the pizza with the dried oregano leaves
- Let it cool for 1 minute and slice the pizza for serving