Wanna try Domino’s Pacific Veggie Pizza on a 100% gluten-free crust? Well, here’s a simple and low-cost copycat recipe you can use to cook up your own Pacific Veggie on a delicious crust from Schar’s!
The pairing of Domino’s Pacific Veggie toppings and Schar’s gluten-free crust is a perfect example of pizza ingredients working in harmony.
Schar’s crust brings the right amount of crispiness you’d want from a pizza crust while the Pacific Veggie toppings (Veggies and Multi-Cheeses) add the sweet and savory flavors that make this pizza a true classic.
I realized these ingredients would go well together when I was working on the Ultimate Pepperoni Pizza recipe, which I also used Schar’s pizza crust for.
So I gave it a shot, and the pizza turned out great and received rave reviews from my gluten-free and non-gluten-free tasters alike.
Of course, as always, I learned a few things while prepping this recipe, which I’ll share with you in the cooking tips section.
But, for now, let’s go over the items you’ll need to pick up from the store if you choose to give this recipe a try yourself.
Here’s what you need…
Recipe Shopping List
|Schar Gluten-Free Crust (Or any crispy crust)|
|Prego Pizza Sauce|
|Roasted Red Peppers|
Domino’s Pacific Veggie on Schar’s Gluten Free Crust
- 1 Crust Schar Gluten-Free You can use any other GF crust known to be crispy
- 1 Cup Prego Pizza Sauce
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Provolone Cheese You can use mix of shredded Provolone and Mozzarella
- 1/2 Ounce Feta Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Red Peppers Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- 1/3 Ounce Onions Slice
- 1/3 Cup Black Olives
- Pinch Garlic herb seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 410 F
- Spread the Prego sauce evenly
- Top the sauce with Mozzarella and Provolone
- Lay the Spinach, Mushrooms, Red Peppers, Onions, and finally the Olives
- Top all the ingredients with the Feta cheese
- Place the pizza onto the middle oven for cooking (try not to let it pass the 10-minute mark)
- When cooked, lightly sprinkle the pizza with garlic herb seasoning
- Let it cool for 1 minute then slice the pizza
1. Lightly pre-cooking the mushrooms and the onions is a good idea because they may take a bit longer than other toppings to fully cook through on the pizza, and Schar’s crust can’t stay in the oven for too long.
2. I would also recommend draining any excess liquid from the mushrooms and onions after pre-cooking them. This will help to keep your pizza from getting soggy.
3. For the cheese, I used pre-shredded mozzarella, but of course, for a fresher taste, shred your own fresh mozzarella.
4. Finally, I recommend cooking this pizza on a baking rack placed on the middle rack of your oven for even heat distribution.